Wine Tasting with Ira Goldberg
Keeping the Blues Alive Foundation is honored to take you on a tantalizing journey through one of the world’s most iconic wine destinations, Napa Valley. This exclusive event will be hosted by former winemaker and KTBA’s own wine expert Ira Goldberg, and features a selection of wines from Krupp Brothers Winery and Poe Winery plus hand-selected gourmet cheeses to compliment the wines.
In 1999, Jan and Bart founded Krupp Brothers, producing their first vintage: An extraordinary Cabernet Sauvignon. Their wines begin at the source – fruit from select blocks that have been carefully chosen by Jan. Today, each wine in their collection – from mountain Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignons to Rhone-style Syrah and Tempranillo-based red – embody the vision and passion that has guided the two brothers. The brothers now own one of Napa's most iconic vineyards, Stagecoach.
Samantha Sheehan founded POE in 2009 after being inspired by the wines she tasted in Burgundy and Champagne. The goal is not to replicate Burgundy, but rather create alluring, vineyard specific, age-worthy wines revealing the beautiful terroir of California. There is minimal intervention, judicious use of sulfur, and never any additives. Each wine is made in very limited quantities, and sold directly from the winery and to high-end restaurants around the country.
Tickets include samples of four wines and a gourmet cheese plate. All of the proceeds from these tickets will go to the Keeping the Blues Alive Foundation for music education.
- The wine tasting is $50.00 per person. This fee is non-refundable.
- Includes a sampling of four wines plus hand-selected gourmet cheeses.
- Wine tastings are purchased per person and not per cabin. Within your reservation, you can add tastings for yourself and/or other guests in your cabin.
- The wine tasting has a limited capacity of 100 guests, so don't delay!
- Wine tasting will be held on Thursday, February 28 from 1:00pm-2:00pm. Reference the daily schedule for other programming that afternoon.
Four Easy Steps to Purchase
- Log in to your account with your Sixthman username and password.
- At the top of the page under “Current Reservations”, click “Blues Alive at Sea 2019.”
- Under the “Additional Packages” section, scroll down to the "Add Purchases" section.
- Select the tasting for yourself and anyone else in your cabin, click the "Add to Cart" button, then "Checkout" button, and complete your purchase.